4 ways to give back to the community during the holiday season.
There is a famous saying that ‘money can’t buy love,’ but it can bring joy and happiness to many people around the Cayman Islands that are in need during the holiday season. Many non-profit organisations rely on donations from the community to continue their mission of making it a better place for everyone to live, work and enjoy.
Below are a few simple, yet effective ways that we can each do our part in giving back during the Christmas season. Big or small, every effort makes a difference!
1. Participate in a Toy Drive
There are many families facing difficult times, so rally up your coworkers to get involved in a company-wide toy drive that will provide needy children with the Christmas joy they deserve.
2. Cook up a storm at the local food kitchen
Who doesn’t love a hot meal on Christmas Day? Charities such as Meal On Wheels provide free, hot, nutritious meals to seniors, the homebound and the disabled throughout the Cayman Islands. Lend a helping hand by offering to deliver meals, assist in the kitchen or raising money in your community will go a long way to assist this wonderful charity.
3. Donate to a local charity
- Brighten Christmas for children by stopping by the Camana Bay Visitor Centre and learn about gifts you can buy for kids in need from the Department of Children & Family Services.
- Purchase a CI$1 North Pole stamp at Mail Boxes Etc. and watch your child mail a letter to Santa Claus to benefit Feed our Future.
- Pop an envelope in the mail and send a special message to your charity of choice with a surprise check that will go towards their efforts for 2017!
4. Wags and wiggles give a dog a bone
The Humane Society is always looking for volunteers to take their furry friends for a walk around the neighbourhood so they can stretch their legs and get some exercise. The shelter also relies heavily on numerous individuals to assist through animal wellness, special events, fundraising, administrative support, fostering, advocacy and much more. So if you love animals and can spare some time, this is the right opportunity for you!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Team Property Cayman.
Every week, we’ll send you exclusive content information to help you along your property journey. Don’t worry – good stuff only